- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 3 batches (2-1/2 cups total).
- To prepare chicken: Place about 3/4 cup of coating in a large resealable plastic bag. In a shallow dish, beat eggs and milk. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, then place in the bag; seal and shake until coated. In a large skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides; remove to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFried Chicken Coating
"We made this recipe and it was a hit! This is the best fried chicken coating recipe I ever tried; Keeping this! My Tip: If your chicken thighs come with the back bone attached, pop the thigh bone from the hip socket. Do the same for leg quarters if using. This trick will aid in the marinating process and speed up cooking."
"I made this coating for my in-laws when they came and visited, and we had this twice while they were here. Nice coating and wonderful flavor!"
"I've used this mix several different times and we enjoy it every time. The kids love the crunchy coating and I love the flavor."