Fresh Vegetable Kabobs
These are quick and easy to prepare, and a fun way to eat vegetables— our kids love them! We like to put the kabobs on the grill, which we do a lot of in summer to keep from heating up the kitchen. – Suzanne McKinley, Lyons, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium ears fresh corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 fresh pearl onions or 1 package (8 ounces) frozen pearl onions, cooked
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- On 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the corn, zucchini and onions. Combine the butter, chives, parsley and garlic salt.
- Place skewers on a broiler pan; broil for 8-10 minutes, turning and brushing with butter mixture every 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 268 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Vegetable Kabobs in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.