Fresh Vegetable Frittata
This breakfast dish is perfect if you want to incorporate fresh veggies into your meal.—Pauline Howard, Lago Vista, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a shallow 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 141 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Veggie Frittata in Comfort Food Diet 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.