Fresh Vegetable Frittata
This breakfast dish is perfect if you want to incorporate more fresh veggies into your meals. —Pauline Howard, Lago Vista, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a shallow 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 frittata: 230 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 386mg cholesterol, 485mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Veggie Frittata in Comfort Food Diet 2010