Fresh Vegetable Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sherry or dry white wine, optional
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 saltines, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Steam broccoli and carrots until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, pepper sauce, pepper and sherry if desired. Add the broccoli, carrots, remaining vegetables, parsley and basil; stir gently to combined.
- 3. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add crushed saltines; stir until browned. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese; sprinkle over vegetables.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 347 calories, 32g fat (9g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Vegetable Casserole
"I used unsweetened apple juice for liquid. Next time I will just eliminate the liquid since the vegetables produce plenty on their own. Also, I used my 8x8 baking pan and felt I would like more cracker crumble on top. Probably will double the crackers next time."