- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sherry or dry white wine, optional
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 saltines, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Steam broccoli and carrots until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, pepper sauce, pepper and sherry if desired. Add the broccoli, carrots, remaining vegetables, parsley and basil; stir gently to combined.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add crushed saltines; stir until browned. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese; sprinkle over vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFresh Vegetable Casserole
"I used unsweetened apple juice for liquid. Next time I will just eliminate the liquid since the vegetables produce plenty on their own. Also, I used my 8x8 baking pan and felt I would like more cracker crumble on top. Probably will double the crackers next time."