Fresh Tomato Pasta
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- Make a slit in each tomato. Place tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute; drain. When cool enough to handle, remove skins and discard. Seed and chop tomatoes; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in basil and oregano. Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 27, 2013
This was pretty good. Quite fast prep & of course, we increased the amount of fresh herbs. We'll make again for a nice lunch.
Jul 24, 2009
Doesn't come out to look like the picture. It wasn't that great.