Fresh Tomato & Cucumber Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, sliced
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. Drizzle with half of the dressing; toss to coat. Arrange salad greens on a large serving plate; spoon tomato mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 209 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 29, 2014
This salad was very good and had great flavor. I will be adding this to my regular summer menu plan.
Sep 3, 2013
We loved this. A nice way to use fresh veggies from the garden. You can make the night before too.
Jun 18, 2012
Fresh is definitely appropriate for this Mediterranean-styled salad. Easy to prepare and perfect for a summer dinner!
Jul 6, 2011
I loved it. The only changes I made was not to use the mint as I did not have any and used ripe olives in place of the greek ones.
Jun 9, 2011
Fresh, easy, healthy.... luv it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.