Fresh Sweet Potatoes
These delicious potatoes from our Test Kitchen bring a great orange flavor to your plate. The delicate sweetness of the potato is fresh tasting, and a nice contrast from sticky-sweet, canned candied yams.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Place sweet potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or just until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, bring the orange juice, butter, orange zest and pumpkin pie spice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Drain sweet potatoes; return to pan. Pour glaze over potatoes and stir gently to coat.