Fresh Strawberry Salsa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup seeded chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped Anaheim pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, combine honey and lemon juice; gently stir into strawberry mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Stir just before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 25 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Jun 2, 2018
I made some very minor changes to the recipe. I'm not a fan of green bell pepper, so I used red and orange. I had beautiful heirloom cherry and grape tomatoes on hand, so I quartered them up and used those. I had serranos, so I used those instead of the Anaheim. Sadly, I am in the "cilantro tastes like soap" camp, so I used fresh parsley instead. This is such a great dish. So fresh and colorful. I love all of the textures and flavors. It's great on top of chicken in a wrap or on its own with some tortilla chips.