- BOTTOM LAYER:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked and cooled
- MIDDLE LAYER:
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- TOP LAYER:
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- For bottom layer, place sliced strawberries in the pie shell. For middle layer, combine mashed strawberries, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until mixture is thick and clear. Cool and pour over bottom layer. For top layer, arrange strawberry halves on top of pie. Whip cream with sugar and almond extract if desired until stiff peaks form. Spread over pie or dollop on individual servings. Best served the same day. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFresh Strawberry Pie
"Is so easy to make and it looks Awsome. Will know tomorrow after we eat it"
"Absolutely delicious. Tastes like fresh strawberries. I did cut the sugar back to 3/4 cup and felt it was just the right amount of sweet for us."
"We have declared this the best strawberry pie ever. It tasted so fresh - none of the gelatin in it made it taste REAL rather than fake and gelled up. We loved this and will make it again for sure."
"easy to make and tastes delicious. But my middle layer never set, so it ended up being a runny mess. Followed the directions exactly, so don't know what went wrong."
"This is the easiest and best tasting strawberry preview ever made! My husband loved it"
"I made this for my husband with fresh picked strawberries. He absolutely loved it! This recipe doesn't have that bitter strawberry Jello in it so the showcase flavor is REAL strawberry! I'm such a fan of this recipe and I will make it again!"
"Very tasty, liked that it didn't need gelatin."
"I love this pie! Every time I make it, people love it."