Fresh Sesame Cucumber Salad
I learned to cook at an early age and have collected many recipes. Whenever I take this salad to a church supper, it's the first one to disappear!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
- 8 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place cucumbers in a colander. Set the colander on a plate; sprinkle cucumbers with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- In a bowl, combine the onions, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sesame seeds and cayenne. Add cucumbers and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 19 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 10, 2011
You seem to be the only person that knows you have to toss the cuke slices in salt first to tenderize them.
Aug 21, 2010
3 words - TO DIE FOR! We add a little garlic powder too!!
May 25, 2010
This is a favorite of ours during the summer. It's wonderful!