Fresh Sesame Cucumber Salad
I learned to cook at an early age and have collected many recipes. Whenever I take this salad to a church supper, it's the first one to disappear!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
- 8 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place cucumbers in a colander. Set the colander on a plate; sprinkle cucumbers with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- In a bowl, combine the onions, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sesame seeds and cayenne. Add cucumbers and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 19 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Cucumber Salad in Country April/May 2000
Jun 10, 2011
You seem to be the only person that knows you have to toss the cuke slices in salt first to tenderize them.
Aug 21, 2010
3 words - TO DIE FOR! We add a little garlic powder too!!
May 25, 2010
This is a favorite of ours during the summer. It's wonderful!