Use the season's freshest fruits to create your own spread for breads and crackers. This creamy, fruity butter is perfect for a warm summer day. —Nancy Michel, Lakeland, Florida
Featured In: Holiday Butters
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 medium fresh plums, pitted and quartered
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground allspice
- Place plums, apples and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12-15 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Place in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return all to the saucepan. Add sugar and spices; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Plum Apple Butter in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p39
Reviews forFresh Plum Apple Butter
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2011