Fresh Pear Ginger Crisp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 7 medium pears (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. With clean hands, work butter into oat mixture until well combined. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place pears in a small bowl; add flour and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with oat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 268 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2018
very good! I used instant oatmeal maple flavor, so I only used 1/2 the sugar, I also added cinnomin
Mar 31, 2015
Way too sweet. Next time I will try it with half the sugar or none at all since there plenty of sugar in the cookies and natural sugar in the pears. Next time I will also cook it in a 9 x 11 so that the pears can cook faster and I can spread out the topping better.
Oct 21, 2014
I have made this twice and it is so good. The only problem I can see with it-It disappears to quickly. I got raves at a dinner I had a while back.
Oct 21, 2014
This is so delicious!! It smells heavenly while it is baking too. My family all LOVED it and I've made it several times now. Made it exactly as directed, it's perfect. Real comfort food. Thank you for this recipe Linda, it is a keeper!
Jan 17, 2014
I made this for a group of friends and everyone raved! I didn't change anything in the recipe, except that I did double it which was a good thing. Everyone went back for seconds! The combination of the pears and ginger snaps is excellent.
Jan 11, 2014