- 2 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine peaches and 3/4 cup sugar; set aside. Pour butter into an 8-in. square baking pan. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and remaining sugar; stir in milk just until combined. Pour over butter. Top with the peaches. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forFresh Peach Cobbler
"Some neighbors recently brought me some Georgia peaches and this Fresh Peach Cobbler was the perfect way to use some of them. It was delicious and so easy to make using staples from my pantry. Since there are only two of us I liked the fact it made a small dish. I think you could easily substitute berries for an equally delicious cobbler."
"This is my new family favorite!!! And so easy to make!"
"This peach cobbler is the best!!!"
"I used fresh peaches in season. This one will not disappoint. The texture is really good and with good peaches it can't fail."
"My family loves this recipe! I used three peaches and added a couple dashes of cinnamon! Delicious! One if my favorite recipes."
"I like the easiness of the recipe, but it has excess amounts of butter and sugar. You can halve the sugar and butter, and it comes out beautifully without being too rich or cloying."
"I have to say I was disappointed in this cobbler. I thought I would make a different one from my usual but I found this one wasn't as rich as I am used to. Its ok but I won't make it again. And yes, I followed the recipe exactly."
"I didn't have fresh peaches so used canned instead. It was delicious!"
"The nutmeg is what makes it. Don't omit."
"Best peach cobbler recipe I have tried. Not as SWEET as others. Just right consistensy of the cake portion on top and that sweet sauce on the bottom - with the peaches. It was PERFECT! My family raved over it!"