Fresh Mozzarella Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Alternate tomato and cheese slices on a platter. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 204 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 25, 2015
Wow! This was so easy and quick. Loved by all. Used about 10 pcs of fresh basil. Also, California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil- spectacular. As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home I love working with recipes that use fresh ingredients.
Jul 16, 2015
I served this at a buffet lunch so I cut up the cheese and tomatoes. It was simple to make and delicious!
Aug 28, 2013
How is this unlike a Caprese Salad? Seems a little disingenuous.
Oct 31, 2011
i didn't have fresh and had to use dry and it still tasted great.
Mar 31, 2009
I just cut my tomatoes and mozzarella into chunks and mixed everything together. It was yummy!