Fresh Mozzarella Sandwiches for 2
We love this fast, fresh sandwich, especially when it's too warm to turn on the oven to make dinner. I pair it with a fruity white wine and pasta salad or fancy potato chips. We often add avocado to the sandwiches and in the summer, use fresh Walla Walla onions. - Stacey Johnson Tacoma, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons wasabi mayonnaise
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 thin slices sweet onion
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Spread toast with mayonnaise. On two slices, layer the cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil; top with remaining toast.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 466 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Caprese Sandwich in Taste of Home June/July 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.