“Since I grow so many herbs, I always look for opportunities to use them in all my cooking. This recipe uses two of my favorites, but it's also delicious with other combinations. Try thyme and marjoram or oregano and basil.” - Bev Credle of Hampton, Virginia
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into two rectangles. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into a 10-in. x 7-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations.
- Place one rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle basil and rosemary to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with remaining dough; pinch edges to seal. Brush with egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Herb Flat Bread in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p46