Fresh Greek Garden Salad
Two kinds of peppers, fresh olives and lots of feta cheese will make this colorful Greek toss up, sent in by Glenda Parsonage of Maple Creek, Saskatchewan, a favorite. For a change of pace, try it with capers and lemon slices on top.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Dash dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Just before serving, add salad dressing and oregano; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 110 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Greek Garden Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005