Fresh Glazed Raspberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, crush 1 cup of berries. Add water; simmer for 3 minutes. Strain, reserving juice; discard pulp and seeds. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup liquid. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Slowly stir in raspberry liquid. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Place remaining raspberries in pastry shell; pour glaze over top. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or unto set. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 232 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 16, 2011
I usually do not like fruit pie's but when my husband made this pie the first time, I tried it and instantly fell in Love. I have never tasted something so amazing. When he makes this pie we cut it into 4 pieces and its done! We will continue to make this pie for many, many years to come. My entire family loves this pie. (There are 4 of us in the family)
Jul 29, 2011
This was a real good recipe-you get the true flavor of fresh raspberries-my 8 year old picked the berries and then made this pie-it was the best pie I've had in a long time
Jul 12, 2010
I have made this for a couple of years now. My kids love it and so does anyone who tries it! The only thing I do different is to use an oat pie crust. Mmmmm.
Jul 22, 2009
I used a chocolate store-bought pie crust which was really good, but screwed up and used 7 1/2 T instead of teaspoons of cornstarch. I am sure it will be much better next time. I am so glad to replace my recipe which called for jello with this excellent recipeAmy from Pittsburgh
May 27, 2008
This Pie is easy and very tasty. I use Splenda instead of sugar so that everyone can enjoy it. It disappears quickly every time it is made.
Mar 25, 2008
I HAVE MADE THIS PIE SEVERAL TIMES AND GET RAVE REVIEWS. WE GROW OUR OWN RASPBERRIES. THIS A BEAUTIFUL PIE. MY GRAND CHILDREN LOVE IT