- 4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a saucepan, crush 1 cup of berries. Add water; simmer for 3 minutes. Strain, reserving juice; discard pulp and seeds. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup liquid. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Slowly stir in raspberry liquid. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Place remaining raspberries in pastry shell; pour glaze over top. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or unto set. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFresh Glazed Raspberry Pie
"I usually do not like fruit pie's but when my husband made this pie the first time, I tried it and instantly fell in Love. I have never tasted something so amazing. When he makes this pie we cut it into 4 pieces and its done! We will continue to make this pie for many, many years to come. My entire family loves this pie. (There are 4 of us in the family)"
"I have made this for a couple of years now. My kids love it and so does anyone who tries it! The only thing I do different is to use an oat pie crust. Mmmmm."