Fresh & Fruity Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium nectarine, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- STRAWBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, nectarine, strawberries, kiwi and walnuts.
- Place the first six vinaigrette ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 15 seconds. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 29, 2009
Since I'm really watching my fat intake; I used a fat free raspberry vinaigrette dressing on this wonderful salad. I'm sure the homemade dressing would be really good, but I enjoyed the bottled one and saved 14 grams of fat.