Fresh & Fruity Spinach Salad
Fruit and spinach make a delicious combination, especially when drizzled with a lovely strawberry vinaigrette. Toasted walnuts add a fun crunch. —Amy Blom, Marietta, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium nectarine, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- STRAWBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, nectarine, strawberries, kiwi and walnuts.
- Place the first six vinaigrette ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 15 seconds. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Fresh and Fruity Spinach Salad in Country Woman April/May 2009
Jun 29, 2009
Since I'm really watching my fat intake; I used a fat free raspberry vinaigrette dressing on this wonderful salad. I'm sure the homemade dressing would be really good, but I enjoyed the bottled one and saved 14 grams of fat.