Fresh Fruit with Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
"This colorful fruit platter always looks beautiful on our Christmas dinner table," writes Mari Day of Suamico, Wisconsin. "The light dressing is a nice complement to the fun assortment of winter fruits—it really lets their natural goodness come through."
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Red leaf lettuce
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Line a platter with lettuce. Arrange fruit over lettuce; drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 191 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Fresh Fruit with Balsamic Vinaigrette
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC