Fresh Fruit Tarts
"These luscious tarts are the jewels of the party whenever I serve them," says Dona Erhart of Stockbridge, Michigan. "I usually double this recipe." "You can bake the shells ahead and freeze them, then fill and decorate the tarts the day of the gathering."
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Assorted fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix with a fork until blended. Shape dough into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Divide dough into six portions. Press each portion into a greased 4-1/2-in. tart pan. bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoonfuls into each cooled tart shell. Arrange berries over filling.
- 4. In a small saucepan, melt preserves over medium heat; stir until smooth. Brush over berries.
1 each: 416 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
May 27, 2013
Very, very good. I've made these several times and they always get rave reviews.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC