- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Assorted fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix with a fork until blended. Shape dough into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into six portions. Press each portion into a greased 4-1/2-in. tart pan. bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoonfuls into each cooled tart shell. Arrange berries over filling.
- In a small saucepan, melt preserves over medium heat; stir until smooth. Brush over berries. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFresh Fruit Tarts
"Very, very good. I've made these several times and they always get rave reviews."