- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CREAM FILLING:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; blend into creamed mixture. Press dough into a 14- or 16-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
- For the filling, whip cream cheese until smooth; add sugar and whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- For glaze, combine juices with cornstarch; cook and stir until thickened. Reserve 1/2 cup; spread remaining warm glaze over filling. Arrange fruit over glaze and brush reserved glaze over fruit. Chill until ready to serve. (Note: If making a day ahead, substitute another seasonal fruit for bananas.) Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forFresh Fruit Pizza
"Yummy! I thought the crust was a bit thick so only gave it 4 stars.... but the taste was very good."
"This was so easy to make, and it made so much that everyone was able to get a nice piece"
"This was fabulous - grapes, fresh peaches, strawberries, and bananas were delightful on this pizza"