- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups sliced peeled apples
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 cup sliced peeled pears
- 1/3 cup 100% apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 7 tablespoons reduced-fat vanilla yogurt
- Cut two 1-in.-long strips from lemon peel. Squeeze juice from lemon. In a saucepan, combine the water, honey, lemon juice and lemon peel strips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until fruit is softened.
- Remove from the heat; discard lemon peel. Using a slotted spoon, transfer fruit to a bowl; discard poaching liquid. Stir in spreadable fruit, strawberries and grapes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Top each serving with yogurt. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forFresh Fruit Compote
"Should have been: "When do I put ....""
"So when do I out the fruit into the saucepan? Before boil or after??"