Fresh Fruit/Cheese Pie
Not only is this pie delicious—it's one even dieters can enjoy without worry. I seldom bake my cheese pie the same way twice. Often, I substitute wheat germ or granola for the coconut flakes...and the naturally fruity main ingredients fluctuate with whatever's hanging heavy on backyard branches! —Jody Steinke, Nekoosa, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh fruit (peaches, nectarines, strawberries, raspberries, banana, kiwifruit, blueberries or pineapple)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, flour, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Press into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Cut fruit(s) of choice into bite-size pieces; layer on crust. In blender, cover and process yogurt and cottage cheese until smooth; add pineapple and blend until mixture reaches desired consistency. Pour mixture over fruit. Sprinkle with coconut. Chill several hours before serving. Decorate with any combination of fruit slices.