Fresh Floret Salad
Mary Tallman of Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin shares this crisp vegetable salad. Her dressing blends refreshing lemon flavor with hearty Italian seasonings.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 3 tablespoons sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the salad dressing, yogurt, dressing mix and lemon juice. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 229 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1151mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Broccoli Salad in Country Woman March/April 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.