Fresh Corn & Tomato Fettuccine for Two
This recipe combines delicious whole wheat pasta with the best of fresh garden produce. It's tossed with heart-healthy olive oil, and a little feta cheese gives it bite. —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding corn during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
- Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, remaining oil and the red pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.