Fresh Corn & Tomato Fettuccine for Two
This recipe combines delicious whole wheat pasta with the best of fresh garden produce. It's tossed with heart-healthy olive oil, and a little feta cheese gives it bite. —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding corn during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
- Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, remaining oil and the red pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 433 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Whole Wheat Fettuccini with Fresh Corn, Tomatoes, Spring Onion, Red Pepper and Feta in Cooking for Two
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.