Fresh Corn Bread Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) Mexicorn, drained, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; stir in one can of Mexicorn. Bake according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbled corn bread, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and remaining corn. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 262 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
May 30, 2013
This was Great! 5 stars! The only change I made was I only had regular corn and not mexican corn. I wasn't sure at the time what was in the Mexican corn - spicy/not spicy so I chopped about 5 jalenpeno slices and added them to the cornbread before I baked it. Really good!
May 24, 2012
Taste great and easy to make.
Apr 6, 2012
A lady at our church brought this to a function and everyone wanted the recipe. She never got back with me on the recipe so I found it here, on Taste of Home~! It is fabulous~!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.