Fresh Corn & Arugula Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 10 min. + cooling
- BASIL VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients until blended.
- Brush corn with oil; grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until corn is crisp-tender and browned, turning occasionally. When cool enough to handle, cut corn off cobs and place in a large bowl.
- Add arugula, tomatoes and pecans to corn. Drizzle with half of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. Top with cheese; serve immediately. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for later use.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 171 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 19, 2013
We liked this salad a lot. The vinaigrette was super easy and tasty, especially using herbs we just picked from our garden! I roasted the corn (in their husks) at 375 until tender, then finished them (without husks) on the grill for a real flavor boost. I also substituted roasted red peppers for the tomatoes (hubby is a picky eater) and that added even more flavor to the dish!
Jun 18, 2013
We liked this. My husband thought given the work (he grilled the corn) it could have had more flavor, but that could be the cob we had. The salad did have a great presentation, and I think the flavor will appeal to a wide variety of pallets, so I will try again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.