Fresh Corn and Tomato Fettuccini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husked
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding corn during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
- Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, remaining oil and the pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 422 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 10g fiber), 17g protein.
Aug 3, 2019
I made this previously and only gave it a 4-star. I think the problem previously was I had the ingredients off. I remade this with the correct amounts and it was AWESOME. The pepper was still just a tad overwhelming (only a little), and I still didn't use the full amount of salt (because of the feta), but otherwise, I used everything else the correct way. It was light and delicious, a perfect summer dinner!
Oct 5, 2018
I couldn't find whole wheat fettuccine, so I used regular. I had fresh mozzarella on hand from another recipe, so I used that instead of the feta. I had orange bell peppers on hand, instead of red, which added even more color. I had beautiful grape tomatoes, so I quartered those instead of using full size tomatoes. I really loved this dish! It was filling but not at all heavy. It was great the day of, and also great the next day with some sliced grilled chicken added.
Sep 1, 2017
Aany meatless dish that combines lots of veggies with a whole grain is a keeper! Thanks for sharing this.
Aug 10, 2017
This is a fabulous base recipe (good on its own--don't get me wrong!) for any summer produce you might have lying around. Angela's idea to cook the corn in the pasta water is just genius! I added bacon and basil, and because I'm sensitive to cow's milk, goat cheese. I was so excited to eat the leftovers for lunch today. It kept beautifully.
Aug 24, 2016
Made this for supper, absolutely loved it! I had fresh parsley, basil and oregano in the herb planter and added all three to the dish. I will be making this again! I would say that it serves 4, rather than 2.
Aug 19, 2016
IT was just okay bland
Aug 17, 2016
I made this tonight and it was delicious. I used Mozzarella cheese instead of Feta cause that is what I had on hand. It's a nice change from regular pasta recipes, nice and light. I also like the fact that it tastes great hot or cold. Will make again.
Jul 13, 2016
Very nice recipe !.
Mar 28, 2016
Really good fresh, light tasting dish. I made no changes and an hour after dinner my husband is still saying how good it was. All the flavors go so well together. Hubby says he wants it at least once a week.
Aug 18, 2015
Really tasty! I used penne pasta, since I didn't have fettuccine, and added some fresh basil because I have so much. Quite sure it would be great just as written! Will definitely make again!