Fresh Corn and Tomato Fettuccini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husked
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding corn during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
- Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, remaining oil and the pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 422 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 10g fiber), 17g protein.
Sep 1, 2017
I ended up liking mine better without any feta--even though I really like feta. But any meatless dish that combines lots of veggies with a whole grain is a keeper! Thanks for sharing this.
Aug 17, 2017
I'm rating this a 4 star but with some tweaks it could easily become a 5 star. Because I only had about 3 oz linguine, I supplemented with some spaghetti. I also subbed out regular yellow onion for the green onion. I think it needed less salt and pepper. The pepper was overwhelming and the salt wasn't needed much with all the salty feta. I didn't even wind up using all of the feta either. I found I only needed an additional 1 tbsp of oil, not 2. This very well could have been my fault with changing out to using the spaghetti, so next time I make it I'll use the linguine and update my review. And I'll definitely be making this again. The flavors were fresh and light, despite some of the overpowering ingredients. 4 star for now, possibly 5 star in the future.
Aug 10, 2017
This is a fabulous base recipe (good on its own--don't get me wrong!) for any summer produce you might have lying around. Angela's idea to cook the corn in the pasta water is just genius! I added bacon and basil, and because I'm sensitive to cow's milk, goat cheese. I was so excited to eat the leftovers for lunch today. It kept beautifully.
Aug 24, 2016
Made this for supper, absolutely loved it! I had fresh parsley, basil and oregano in the herb planter and added all three to the dish. I will be making this again! I would say that it serves 4, rather than 2.
Aug 19, 2016
IT was just okay bland
Aug 17, 2016
I made this tonight and it was delicious. I used Mozzarella cheese instead of Feta cause that is what I had on hand. It's a nice change from regular pasta recipes, nice and light. I also like the fact that it tastes great hot or cold. Will make again.
Jul 13, 2016
Very nice recipe !.
Mar 28, 2016
Really good fresh, light tasting dish. I made no changes and an hour after dinner my husband is still saying how good it was. All the flavors go so well together. Hubby says he wants it at least once a week.
Aug 18, 2015
Really tasty! I used penne pasta, since I didn't have fettuccine, and added some fresh basil because I have so much. Quite sure it would be great just as written! Will definitely make again!
Jul 15, 2015
Wonderful! Beautiful colors and fantastic flavors.