- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding corn during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
- Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, remaining oil and the pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFresh Corn & Tomato Fettuccine
"I ended up liking mine better without any feta--even though I really like feta. But any meatless dish that combines lots of veggies with a whole grain is a keeper! Thanks for sharing this."
"I'm rating this a 4 star but with some tweaks it could easily become a 5 star. Because I only had about 3 oz linguine, I supplemented with some spaghetti. I also subbed out regular yellow onion for the green onion. I think it needed less salt and pepper. The pepper was overwhelming and the salt wasn't needed much with all the salty feta. I didn't even wind up using all of the feta either. I found I only needed an additional 1 tbsp of oil, not 2. This very well could have been my fault with changing out to using the spaghetti, so next time I make it I'll use the linguine and update my review. And I'll definitely be making this again. The flavors were fresh and light, despite some of the overpowering ingredients. 4 star for now, possibly 5 star in the future."
"This is a fabulous base recipe (good on its own--don't get me wrong!) for any summer produce you might have lying around. Angela's idea to cook the corn in the pasta water is just genius! I added bacon and basil, and because I'm sensitive to cow's milk, goat cheese. I was so excited to eat the leftovers for lunch today. It kept beautifully."
"Made this for supper, absolutely loved it! I had fresh parsley, basil and oregano in the herb planter and added all three to the dish. I will be making this again! I would say that it serves 4, rather than 2."
"IT was just okay bland"
"I made this tonight and it was delicious. I used Mozzarella cheese instead of Feta cause that is what I had on hand. It's a nice change from regular pasta recipes, nice and light. I also like the fact that it tastes great hot or cold. Will make again."
"Very nice recipe !."
"Really good fresh, light tasting dish. I made no changes and an hour after dinner my husband is still saying how good it was. All the flavors go so well together. Hubby says he wants it at least once a week."
"Really tasty! I used penne pasta, since I didn't have fettuccine, and added some fresh basil because I have so much. Quite sure it would be great just as written! Will definitely make again!"
"Wonderful! Beautiful colors and fantastic flavors."