- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 3 medium), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn (about 7 ounces)
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes, corn, broth, 1 cup cream, green onions, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and remaining cream until smooth; stir into soup. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFresh Corn & Potato Chowder
"just made this afternoon, although the temp outside is 109. I just had a bowl and it is wonderful. The only thing I changed was to fry a couple of slices of bacon chopped up very fine instead of using butter. Everything else is pretty much followed the recipe, and it was outstanding. Made this for a friend who's got some dental issues, because it's soft and I figured if the corn was too chewy I'd throw in my hand blender so she could mush it up a little more if she needed to. Great"
"Creamy and delicious! I used canned no-salt added corn (didn't have fresh), and it turned out great. I did have to use corn starch instead of flour to thicken it, but that's a minor change. I'll be making this again! Thanks!"
"Turned out great!"
"This soup is so simple and so delicious. It tasted even better warmed up the next day. I made a second batch to share with coworkers - everyone loved it and asked for the recipe."