Fresh & Chunky Chicken Salad
"I've served this twice to special guests at dinner parties, and both times, everyone loved it. People just kept coming back for more!" Carol Doggette - Los Angeles, CA
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1 medium peach, peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss apple with orange juice; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, mayonnaise and pepper until blended. Stir in the cantaloupe, peach, celery, raisins, walnuts, onion and apple mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- Drain chicken if necessary, discarding any excess marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Dice chicken and stir into yogurt mixture. Serve over lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 247 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Fresh and Chunky Chicken Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009