Fresh & Chunky Chicken Salad
I've served this twice to special guests at dinner parties, and both times, everyone loved it. People just kept coming back for more! —Carol Doggette, Los Angeles, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1 medium peach, peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss apple with orange juice; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, mayonnaise and pepper until blended. Stir in the cantaloupe, peach, celery, raisins, walnuts, onion and apple mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- Drain chicken if necessary, discarding any excess marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Dice chicken and stir into yogurt mixture. Serve over lettuce leaves.