Fresh Broccoli Salad
This unique salad goes fast at potlucks. It's pretty with the broccoli, mushrooms, red onions and olives. It has a great crunch, and the dressing is quick to make. When time is short and you want something delicious, this recipe fills the bill. -Marilyn Fields, Groveland, California
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 66 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Fresh Broccoli Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.