- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 pound), cut into florets
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Place broccoli, onion, cheese and bacon in a salad bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine sugar, mayonnaise and vinegar; mix until the sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFresh Broccoli Salad with Bacon
"Very tasty! I did not have the white wine vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar and it worked just fine. Otherwise I made as directed. I will mark this recipe as a keeper!"
"Mmmm, mmmm good! I did add an additional tablespoon of vinegar to the dressing and left out the cheese but added about 1/3 cup of raisins and a generous sprinkling of sunflower kernels. With those adjustments, this salad was just what I remembered from years past. So good! Next time I will try it with the cheese - that sounds yummy too!"
"I also used cheddar cheese instead of the mozzarella."
"My whole family loved this. I used low-fat mayo and regular onion. I am making this again for company tomorrow and for a birthday party next week. We have fresh broccoli from the garden now."
"I made this the first time on Saturday and made it again on Sunday-it's that good! I used cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella and add about 1/4 cup of raisins."
"Also very good with craisins (or raisins) added!"
"excellent salad, i make this when i have to do a pot luck. i use red onion and add the bacon, just before i serve it......everyone wants the recipe."