Fresh Broccoli Salad with Apple and Bacon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small tart apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, apple, onion and bacon. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and sugar. Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 154 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 7, 2017
Found this when going through an old TOH annual. My thought.....where has this gem been hiding? Ridiculously fast and easy. I used minced pre-cooked bacon which I always have on hand. Everything else were things I always have on hand. I thought it was delicious and family agreed. Put recipe in my go-to file. YUM!!!
Jan 5, 2016
Good broccoli salad. I served it with the Texas Toast Steak Sandwiches from the same issue.
Apr 26, 2012
made for my family everyon enjoyed it,took to work got a great review
Jun 6, 2009
Great Salad. Try adding some celery and dried cranberries. Yum!