Fresh Berry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry or raspberry gelatin
- 1 quart fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in dry gelatin until dissolved. Cool until mixture begins to partially set.
- 2. Remove stems from strawberries. Arrange berries, tip end up, in pastry shell; spoon gelatin mixture over fruit. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Tip: Bake pastry shells several days ahead if desired. Store cooled shells in air-tight containers.
1 piece: 341 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.