Fresh Berry & Almond Tarts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut each with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter to make eight circles or other shapes. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets; prick holes in pastries with a fork.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and almond extract until blended. Spread over cooled pastries. Top with berries, pressing lightly to adhere. Sprinkle with almonds and, if desired, confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 individual tart: 195 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 12, 2013
May 29, 2013
Love this recipe. I've done this using sugar cookies and it never occurred to me to use pie pastry. Another idea you could do is use cookie cutters to cut the pie pastry into different shapes for a holiday or special occasion.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.