- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 green onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place the basil, onion and garlic in a food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews forFresh Basil Salad Dressing
"We made it this summer on vacation and really enjoyed it. Used minced garlic, reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat sour cream and fresh lemon juice. Served it with cooked chicken tortellini, fresh mozzarella marinated with olive oil, herbs & spices, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil. Highly recommend!"
"Really knew we would love this dressing. It had all our favorite flavor ingredients. Followed the recipe exactly. Unfortunately it was a fail and ended up up throwing it away. We seldom throw food away because I can usually add something to make it salvageable. Not this time. Sorry."