Fresh and Creamy Peach Pie Recipe
"This pie always receives rave reviews and is especially good when peaches are in season," says Mary Ann Bostic of Sinks Grove, West Virginia.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 7 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 7 medium)
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Set aside. In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon; stir in 3 tablespoons cream, lemon juice and extract. Add the peaches; toss gently. Pour into the crust.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; make decorative cutouts in pastry. Place top crust over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Brush pastry and cutouts with remaining cream. Place cutouts on top of pie; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 3. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake 8-12 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 423 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fresh and Creamy Peach Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC