Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 veal chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle veal chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil. Sprinkle onion into a greased shallow baking dish; dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Top with chops; drizzle with broth. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
1 each: 469 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1146mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.Originally published as French Veal Chops in Reminisce March/April 2001Read Next
Jan 14, 2017
Delicious, easy prep. Maybe a little too much bread crumb topping, made it hard to see bones to cut up.
Reviews for French Veal Chops
More from Taste of Home