French Vanilla Cream Puffs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour and salt all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove puffs to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each for steam to escape. Cool. Split puffs and remove soft dough.
- For filling, in a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and chips. Fill cream puffs just before serving; replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 132 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 23, 2012
Has these at a bible class 1 evening for treats and have looked for this recipe ever since. they were as good as I remeber! Is a keeper recipe. Plan on taking to my next wine tasting
Sep 15, 2010
These were amazing! My whole family loved them! To add a little extra flavor and pizazz, I drizzled a chocolate glaze over the top. I also just chopped up regular chocolate chips with a slap-chop instead of buying mini chocolate chips and it worked out just fine.