French Vanilla Bread Pudding
This bread pudding from Nancy Johnson of Laverne, Oklahoma is warm and decadent, and with caramel, pecans and cinnamon, each bite is irresistible.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1 caramel, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place bread cubes in two greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. In a small bowl, whisk egg and creamer; pour over bread. Sprinkle with caramel pieces, pecans and cinnamon; dot with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Hershey caramels.
Originally published as French Vanilla Caramel Bread Pudding in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.