French Toast with Spiced Butter
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- SPICED BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Whisk in the milk, sugar and vanilla. Arrange bread in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; pour egg mixture over top. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook bread on both sides until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until light and fluffy. Serve French toast with spiced butter and syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 909 calories, 51g fat (28g saturated fat), 397mg cholesterol, 1289mg sodium, 90g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Apr 27, 2012
Loved it! I used 1 teaspoon coconut extract and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and I did not make the butter. I did not have the time to refrigerate overnight, and they still turned out delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.