French Toast with Blueberries
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Dip both sides of each slice of bread in egg mixture. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bread over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat blueberries until warmed. Serve over French toast.
2 each: 210 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Apr 5, 2013
Good and healthy! Great way to start the day with energy.
Mar 26, 2011
Very easy and tasty! Will definitely be making this again!
Apr 29, 2010
I have made this recipe several times and I love it!!