French Toast Supreme
As teachers, my husband and I rarely have time for breakfast during the week. So we look forward to relaxing breakfasts with our daughters on weekends. The cinnamon bread in this recipe is a nice variation.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 12 slices cinnamon bread
- Kiwifruit and starfruit, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on six slices bread; top with remaining slices to make six sandwiches.
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture. Fry on a lightly greased skillet until golden brown on both sides. Garnish with kiwi and star fruit if desired.