- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons chopped shallot, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 loaves (1 pound and 20 inches each) unsliced French bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, 1 teaspoon shallot, tarragon and garlic; cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, cut one loaf of bread into five 4-in. pieces. Cut one 4-in. piece from the second loaf; set aside remaining bread for another use. Cut bread pieces in half horizontally; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the salt, pepper and remaining shallot. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Grill bread, cut side down, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Spread with mayonnaise mixture. Layer bread bottoms with greens and burgers. Replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFrench Tarragon Burgers
"Delicious! Will definitly make again"
"Be very careful. Tarragon is a very strong herb. It is also one of the few that neither gains or loses strength when dried. Cut the herb by at least half or you will be tasting nothing but. Otherwise the only thing i would add is a thin slice of goat cheese to finish the meat"
"This burger is absolutelu fabulous! A. Goins- Casa Grande,AZ"