French Tarragon Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons chopped shallot, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) unsliced French bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, 1 teaspoon shallot, tarragon and garlic; cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, cut bread into six 4-in. lengths (save remaining bread for another use). Cut bread pieces in half horizontally; set aside.
- Crumble beef into a large bowl; sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining shallot. Shape into six patties. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Grill bread, cut side down, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Spread with mayonnaise mixture. Layer bread bottoms with greens and burgers. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 861 calories, 51g fat (12g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 1414mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 43g protein.
Feb 10, 2012
Delicious! Will definitly make again
Aug 13, 2010
Be very careful. Tarragon is a very strong herb. It is also one of the few that neither gains or loses strength when dried. Cut the herb by at least half or you will be tasting nothing but. Otherwise the only thing i would add is a thin slice of goat cheese to finish the meat
Feb 26, 2009
This burger is absolutelu fabulous! A. Goins- Casa Grande,AZ
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.